Blockworks (blockworks.co) is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to oversee aspects of post-production across the network, design and create graphic assets, and to collaborate with the creative team to edit and mix a selection of our audio/video podcasts.
We are looking for someone with 2+ years of video & audio editing experience. We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with producers and hosts to take episodes from recording through final mix
- Manage and maintain files and data for our shows
- Dialogue editing and cleanup: Clip gain leveling, crossfading, de-noising, and smoothing edits in preparation for final mix
- Motion Graphics and Design: create motion graphics and title animations
- Music Editing and Pacing: Arrange scoring in the show assembly. Help producers select music for specific contexts, arrange song options to match the episode content, and edit scoring choices to usable lengths
- Create highlight clips for sharing on social media channels
- Mix episodes and segments to a clear consistent quality ensuring the final mixes adhere to broadcast publish specifications
- Get to know the Blockworks audience to understand key points in their journey and uncover insights that will stimulate engagement
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion for storytelling, creative problem solving, and creating outstanding content
- Extensive experience with Adobe CC (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects)
- A willingness to learn about crypto communities and their cultural preferences
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and clear communication
- Excitement about making efficient, organized processes to improve workflows
- Solid understanding of industry standard best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- A strong understanding and passion for crypto / web3 is a huge bonus
Salary & Benefits:
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit your resume and portfolio by email to email@example.com with “Video Editor + Your Name” in the subject line. Please include samples of your work. Please include your portfolio website if applicable.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org