Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For A(n): Editor with Motion Graphics
Location: Woodland Hills. CA
What You’ll Be Doing:
The mission for this role is to… produce short and long-form marketing videos that use storytelling to sell products online (principally but not exclusively social networks like FB, YT and TikTok). Ideal candidate will be a nimble editor, proficient in Adobe Premiere and creative suite. This person should be able to meet tight deadlines while also having a strong sense of visual and graphical aesthetics that make their videos pop.
As the Editor you will work directly with the Video Producers and other team members to edit commercial-quality video and audio and edit that footage into a compelling video. A visual storyteller who brings fresh ideas utilizing recorded media and in-house graphics. We are looking for an artist who can communicate complex ideas in a simple and visually compelling way.
The successful candidate is results-driven and excited about creating content that measurably increases brand success. This person will be able to juggle several production and post-production roles to deliver engaging and impactful video projects. The right candidate will be an outside-the-box thinker, looking for fresh ideas and perspectives in storytelling and brand-building. This person should be a strong team player with good communication skills, prompt to respond to requests, receptive to feedback, and who excels in a collaborative, creative team environment.
Direct-to-consumer marketing and motion graphics background a plus, as is passion for lifestyle, health, skincare, and pet care.
- Perform post production editing including: editing, titling, color correction, after-effects, sound mixing
- Edit and create long-form video content utilizing recorded footage and in-house graphics
- Edit engaging short-form content for Facebook, Youtube, and other marketing channels
- Originate angles and develop scripts that tell engaging stories and promote sales
- Work with media buyers and marketing to test video content for brands and products
- Available to drive, and occasionally travel, to locations in order to film and gather footage
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Must be proficient in Adobe Editing Suite – most important are Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Professional experience developing, editing and delivering engaging motion graphics
- Knowledge of Pro Tools and voiceover recording
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, wear multiple hats, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must know color grading, multi-cam editing and basic audio mixing
- Able to read and analyze performance data and split test results with an eye toward optimizing videos
- Must be able to work well with a team as well as on your own remotely
- Motion Graphics and animation experience a plus
- 5 years of editing experience
Click here to learn more about general internet safety and our hiring practices.