We’re looking for a mid to senior-level designer to provide creative ideation and execution on abroad range of projects, from branding and conceptual advertising to tactical marketing pieces like e-books, landing pages and emails. This is a digital-forward role, and you should be comfortable developing interactive assets.
As our lead designer, you’ll have a key voice in how we extend our brand and visually tell our story. You’ll join a top-tier, collaborative marketing team at a high-growth, mature startup. What does that mean? Well, you’ll get all the advantages of being at a startup — nimble processes, creative thinking, rapid experimentation — with the security and stability of a larger company.
Who is TaxJar?
TaxJar is an innovative SaaS business focused on helping e-commerce sellers get compliant with sales tax. And while on the surface sales tax may sound dry, it ain’t. It’s actually extremely complex, with over 15,000 tax jurisdictions in the U.S. alone — and getting it right is essential to any company selling online today. We partner with companies like Shopify, Magento, Woo Commerce, and many more to help power e-commerce. It’s an exciting time for the company. We’re growing fast, with over 22,000 customers and counting — and our reviews speak for themselves.
Experience we’re looking for:
- 5+ years as a designer, preferably with some agency experience
- Outstanding visual communication skills, including graphic design and typography
- Digital design capabilities, including HTML5 and CSS
- Understanding of UI and UX principles and how to apply them
- Fluent in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Not required, but nice if you know XD, Sketch or After Effects
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to present your creative ideas and designs to a variety of audiences
- Curious outlook; empathy for customers and their challenges
- A stellar online portfolio of work.
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.