Nav was founded to have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of small business owners by bringing efficiency and transparency to financial decision making. We are changing the way these business owners secure lending with our innovative technology and customer-centric approach. We build intelligent software on top of data to solve issues in the small business financial ecosystem.
We are passionate about empowering our teams and giving them the freedom to shape our future. Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the spirit to solve big challenges, join us! Be a part of our history and co-create the future of FinTech here at Nav.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- As a member of the executive team, you will work closely with Product, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Business executives to set the company strategy and vision, as well as balance and set priorities
- Lead and develop a growing team of 45+ engineers including but not limited to software, operations, IT, QA, data science
- Create, maintain, and execute on a technical vision and roadmap. Strike a balance between innovation, scale and supportability. Drive architectural direction, with a secure, scalable platform. Set up and execute processes for paying down technical debt
- Develop, apply and iterate on agile delivery practices to meet the needs of the business. Help teams scope and complete successful plans around key business initiatives
- Ensure new functionality is built with effective and scalable technologies, knowing when to buy or build, diversify or leverage existing tech.
- Be a valuable advisor to leaders at all levels with proven ability to lead additional projects and programs outside your span of responsibility
- Create and maintain clear paths for employee development, mentoring and career advancement
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Proven, tenacious, effective software engineering leader with a growth mindset
- An authentic and relatable mentor who can challenge their team to do their best work every day
- At least 10 years of professional software development experience, in a commercial setting
- Ideal candidate has experience from more than one company, with a span across small to medium or large organizations, from different geographies
- At least 5 years of recent high performance team leadership and management, preferably at the VP level or at least at a Director level
- Ideal candidate has recently delivered commercial, e-commerce solutions, through the full software lifecycle
- Experience with full customer lifecycle solutions, including marketing technology, content management and customer relationship management
- Experience building public cloud based proprietary, multi-tenant software solutions at scale
- Experience building solutions that integrate with enterprise partners and customers
- Possess the ability to drive positive results-driven accountability
- Can implement, advocate, and teach Agile practices, and adapt them to your people and circumstances
- A history of using innovative technology to both enable and drive business value
- Experience working with professionals in a remote environment
- Ability to articulate the benefit of technical tasks to non-technical stakeholders
- Cultivation of work completion. Never leave the work at a half-cooked point or near-completion without proper closure
- A reputation of crossing boundaries and maximizing collaboration to meet company goals
- Utilize a central role of data in the product life cycle allowing it to drive and enroll innovation strategy to inform decisions
- Experience developing solutions in regulated industries, with experience in meeting compliance, ethics & data privacy standards
WHO YOU ARE:
- You care personally about the people you work with but challenge them directly when necessary
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards revenue producing innovation
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer
- You are a strong communicator and are proficient in expressing your thoughts and understanding others
- You are constantly researching and assess companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships
- You utilize great organization skills and manage heavy workloads with multiple tasks
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; carrying out multiple, detailed tasks
- You have experience in Fintech and working in smaller, but rapidly scaling organizations
- You have built apps for both D2C and B2B
WORKING WITH US:
When you join Nav you do more than simply get a new job, you become a part of a group of incredibly talented people who drive innovation, think out of the box, and do impactful work. We are passionate about our products, live for our customers, and work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
BE YOU. At Nav, we are committed to building a high performing healthy company at scale. We value authenticity and know we get the best out of people when they’re themselves. We know that we work better with a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Ownership equity in startup backed by top VC’s (Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Experian). Unlimited vacation. Paid maternity/paternity leave. Use of our product. Exceptional Work Environment. Wicked smart peer groups. Employee networking and events.