This position is a remote-based position on an interim basis through June 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, after which, this role will require the individual to work onsite in Santa Barbara, CA.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on both KLAS and G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 30 million patients.
This year, WELL ranked #170 on Inc. 5000’s list of Fastest Growing Private Companies. WELL is also very proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn page.
WELL is seeking a talented People leader to join our fast growing organization. You will join WELL’s Operations team and will report directly to our SVP of Finance & Operations.
As the VP of People, you will serve as a thought partner to the executive leadership team, provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development. You will have a huge impact on our organization as this role serves as the primary evangelist of our culture, working directly with our most important asset – our employees.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, onboarding, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Participate in the development of human resources policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with employment-related laws and regulations. Design and oversee performance management programs and initiatives with department leaders to achieve maximum effectiveness of the organization.
- Serve as a trusted strategic business partner and advisor to the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team regarding key organizational and management issues, while simultaneously serving as a change agent and leader in support of the strategic vision.
- Direct, develop and implement employer branding strategies to highlight the company as an employer of choice.
- Maintain a comprehensive employee handbook and relevant policy and procedures. Monitor, assess, and address employee and labor relations matters, including employee investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee the strategic elements and hands-on implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion programs.
- Create and sustain a culture of employee engagement, fostering employee retention, and maximizing the employee lifecycle. Engagement and training strategies that encourages and rewards employees to stay and grow with the organization and our customers.
- Participate in the preparation, administration and monitoring of the HR and Administrative Services department budgets. Continually seek and promote opportunities to improve systems, processes, and people to maximize the human capital for the organization as it grows and evolves.
- Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the staffing needs of the company and new ways of working.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to monitor and enhance the company’s overall performance.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related field
- 7-10+ years’ experience in HR function(s) with strong working knowledge of all key functional areas such as recruiting, employee relations, compensation, and benefits
- Expert in state, federal and international employments regulations
- An excellent connector who collaborates, problem solves, and can help celebrate wins while learning from mistakes and always keeping the team in mind
- A strong track record of influencing senior business leaders while demonstrating excellent decision quality
- Demonstrated process capabilities and metrics-driven approach to performance
- SAAS industry experience a plus
- Start-up and scaling experience a plus
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. This position is a remote-based position on an interim basis through June 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, after which, this role will require the individual to work onsite in Santa Barbara, CA.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.