Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are a group of creative technologists that live at the intersection of engineering and storytelling. From producing video tutorials to composing sophisticated demos, we love crafting content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way. Whether it’s a minor release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the GTM strategy – from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned. Product Management brings products to life, we bring them to market.
Reports to the VP of Product & Industry Marketing
We’re looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on defining and driving the GTM strategy for our Security products and solutions. This position is responsible for all aspects of product marketing in service to our GTM efforts, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, competitive differentiation, content creation, field enablement, and analyst relations. You will work closely with Elastic product managers, engineering, sales and the entire marketing function to align and communicate Elastic’s vision with the market, users, prospects, customers, and partners collaboratively creating the pipeline. Success criteria include market expansion, internal and external validation, pipeline creation and customer success that translates into recurring revenue for Elastic. This person is the lynchpin inside of Security marketing and is critical to the company’s success.
- Provides thought leadership around market trends and competing solutions
- Understands the process and rigor required to develop outcome-based messaging and content that aligns to our corporate messaging, by solution, by industry and by persona
- Brings excellent leadership and teamship to the company, interfaces effectively with Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing
- Is the expert on target personas and segments, how customers buy and users adopt our products, and the value they derive from them
- Understands the power of community in an open source environment
- Defines end-to-end GTM plan with measurable critical metrics against key goals; reporting on key initiatives at the company level
- Clearly articulates Elastic’s position and differentiation vs similar offerings. Be the expert on competitive capabilities.
- Leads our solutions and product strategy for community, events, and analyst relations
- Build, curate, and present compelling content for consumption in the web, press releases, executive briefings, blogs, and sales enablement
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences and press interviews
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.