Our mission is to be the network on which innovative businesses build the world’s most connected global supply chains
What We Do
Chain.io is a cloud-based integration platform that connects partners across the global supply chain. Chain.io helps anyone involved in buying or moving products around the world work with supply chain vendors, customers, and software platforms more efficiently. With logistics expertise built into the heart of its software, Chain.io plugs into any ecosystem seamlessly and makes sure the right data is going to the right people at the right time. Customers leverage Chain. io’s network to optimize critical business processes. Chain.io shines when solving complex supply chain challenges and problems that require integrating multiple types of technologies. The Chain.io network includes shippers, logistics service providers, and the software packages that support them.
At Chain, our values infuse everything we do: how we interact with customers, prospects, partners, competitors, and each other. We are looking to hire people who embody these traits:
- Expertise: Our employees are good at what they do, which allows Chain.io to build best practices for the next decade and lead the industry forward.
- Inclusivity: We believe a big tent is more powerful than a small one, and that people of varied backgrounds and lived experiences make our company stronger. We encourage diversity on teams and diversity of thought and opinion and strive to make everyone feel their voice can be heard.
- Kindness: We always assume everyone is doing their best with the resources they have, and we treat everyone (externally and internally) with kindness and respect.
- Reliability: Employees should deliver what they say they will, when they say it, both internally and externally. We need to be able to count on you, and you need to be able to count on each other.
Your Role at Chain.io
At Chain.io our people come first, ALWAYS! As a remote-first company we pride ourselves on our inclusive culture and out-of-the-box thinking. We encourage all of our employees to bring their expertise, innovation, creativity, and fresh eyes to every aspect of their role. As a member of the team, you will be challenged to do better, heard on all levels, and respected as a part of our community.
Chain.io is looking for a sales leader who can join the company at this high growth stage, to lead the delivery of revenue from multiple industry sectors across the globe, as well as drive highly efficient expansion of the current customers. The VP of Sales will have broad autonomy to develop a sales strategy, budget and plan.
They will be an evangelist and ambassador for Chain.io, educating the market, and building deep/deeper relationships with both new and current customers and partners. The majority of Chain.io’s customer and partner engagements are with C Level and operational leaders. The VP of Sales will both be a key participant in these conversations, and direct and coordinate Chain.io’s broader relationships with customers.
Capability-building and team leadership is a key component of the role, and the VP Sales will inherit a talented and hungry team of five staff. The VP of Sales will further grow and re-shape the team as appropriate, ensuring that it’s set up for future success, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and setting the highest standards in terms of hiring, training and development.
- Own and develop the annual sales plan
- Managing and leading the sales team
- Maintain key customer relationships
- Identify improvements in sales plans and execute strategies to achieve sales targets
- Monitoring the market and competitor products to provide detailed sales forecasting
- Keeping a pulse on customer activity by anticipating needs and improving customer satisfaction
- Promote company products and strategies
- Organize and maintain sales operations
- Manage sales budget
- Take charge of the recruiting and hiring of sales team
- Drive the sales team to achieve set goals
- Develop sales training programs
- Create sales reports
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop collateral
- Manage detailed sales expectations and plan accordingly
What You Bring To The Team
- 5-10 years of experience within a sales leadership role
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Great strategic planning, organizational skills
- An Entrepreneurial mindset
- Creative strategic thinking ability
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods as well as team motivation techniques
- Confidence in your knowledge and experience of SaaS products
- Supply Chain & Logistics Software experience (preferred, not required)
- Unlimited Vacation Time – you are required to use at least 10 days off per year in addition to our paid holidays
- Remote first organization – flexible work schedule
- We care about outcomes, more than how many hours you work
- VERY inclusive culture – we really want you to express your authentic self
- Stock options assigned for all new employees
- Strongly encourage professional development – we’ll help you foot the bill
- Health, Vision, Dental, Disability, 401k & Life Insurance Options
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.