Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human-parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people.
Who You Are: A Customer-Centric SaaS Sales Leader Who Understands the Intersection of the Creative and Technology Worlds
As an entrepreneurial sales leader, you understand the balance between remaining nimble and establishing repeatable sales operations processes that will help mature the organization and establish the controls required to build the right sales team for growth. You are obsessed with understanding why customers need our products and services, and you can deploy the appropriate sales strategies and tactics required to acquire new customers.
As VP of Sales at WellSaid Labs, you will identify and address operational opportunities that will result in better average attainment per rep, faster pipeline velocity, higher ACV, and increased sales productivity across all roles within the organization. You will use data to validate and invalidate hypotheses to iterate on processes and strategies to make the organization smarter and better equipped to execute our vision of Voice for everyone. While you will be expected to employ market research metrics, the main expectation for this role is to spend time directly engaging with your team, current customers, and potential customers in new markets.
You are responsible for setting and executing the company’s overall sales strategy and vision. We will collaborate closely with the executive team and the Customers’ team leadership to identify, develop, and implement an effective sales strategy while developing domestic and international sales objectives. In addition, you are responsible for short and long-term revenue expansion, including managing the strategic direction to meet targets. Your collaboration with Marketing and Customer Success is of great importance. At WellSaid Labs, Marketing, Sales, and Success are all within the same organization, as we believe this is the best way to provide a unified customer experience.
You will build a high-performance sales organization that reflects WellSaid’s core values.
How You’ll Contribute:
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Be responsible for continuing to refine the sales strategy and sales ops to accelerate growth across a defined number of high-growth accounts, product lines, and markets
- Lead the efforts of creating account strategies, refining sales plays, expanding executive relationships, incorporating the customer journey, and selling high-value solutions are essential success factors of this role
- Successfully develop and execute across all sales management disciplines, including Account/Territory/Opportunity planning, sales methodology execution, forecasting, and professional development.
- Support the sales process of the company as well as the design and execution of the Company’s business roadmap
- Drive strategies to expand the company’s customer acquisition and strategic expansion efforts
- Develop sales training programs and update and expand existing resources
- Outline and manage sales budgets and draft sales reports
- Monitor the market and competitor activities and provide detailed sales forecasting
- Report to the Chief Revenue Officer and be based in the US
- Recruit, hire and develop a high-performing enterprise SaaS sales team, including Directors, Managers
- Develop trust-based relationships with leaders across the business, including Product & Engineering, Marketing, Finance, People, Operations, and Success
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have successfully achieved operational excellence in building and leading sales organizations in growth and scale stages startups (Series A and B+). You will be a key contributor to the sales strategies and tactics executed to double the size of the business by the end of 2023. A data-driven and iterative approach to sales optimizations is your preferred way of work, and you have a passion for developing and growing people by giving them the training and tools they need to succeed.
You also have some combination of the following:
- You have a proven track record of consistently exceeding sales goals with solid leadership, tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity, and discipline
- Proven ability to drive sales teams in executing inbound and outbound sales motion, ABM sales and marketing alignment, as well as land and expand sales strategies to predictably expand accounts, culminating in being chosen as an enterprise standard
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask, work cross-functionally within the organization, and thrive in a collaborative environment
- 10+ years of experience in Executive Sales leadership at a global saas company, preferably B2B Fullcycle Sales SaaS, teams
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry with recent mid-market and enterprise SaaS experience, preferably on the creative and technical applications side (selling to content teams, marketing, HR, product)
To join our team you also:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An initial “phone” screen with the hiring manager (45 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- An Interview loop with 4-6 interviews (1 hour each) with the Leadership and Sales team members you will be working most closely with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel set up for success in our process.