Appcues is looking for a passionate, driven, and collaborative leader to head our growing Sales teams. As our VP of Sales, you will own all new and expansion revenue, leading our team and defining our sales strategy to achieve our growth targets. You will join a team that has substantial new revenue opportunities upcoming on its product roadmap. As a key member of the Appcues leadership team, you will collaborate closely with company leaders to define our revenue growth plan. Ultimately your mission is to help us scale revenue from the low 8 figures to the low 9 figures over the next five years.
Our mission is to help teams deliver experiences their users love. Appcues makes it easy to deliver exceptional user experiences within software products at scale, leading to happier customers and accelerated business growth. Using Appcues, customers such as Pearson Education, Twilio, FreshWorks, The Knot, and TrueCar build experiences to onboard users, personalize their products, and drive deeper engagement, all without writing any code.
About the role:
- You will lead our sales team, with 8+ people reporting to you out of the gate.
- As a leader of the sales team, you will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and coaching your team to meet their personal and our business goals. You’ll be tasked with attracting talented, values-aligned people who will advance our mission.
- You will be accountable for achieving our new and expansion bookings targets. You’ll have ownership over how to shape your team’s focus and strategy to grow pipeline, improve win rates, and drive expansion from the existing customer base.
- You will be a key member of our leadership team and partner cross-functionally to ensure the success of Appcues. You’ll partner with our Marketing and CX teams to align on go-to-market goals, drive expansion revenue opportunities, and secure renewals. You’ll partner with our Product and Engineering teams to surface feedback, explore product development initiatives that will improve our close rates, and drive successful outcomes for customers.
- You will define the vision for what a successful sales process looks like at Appcues. How should we cross-sell our new product line we are releasing? Should we hire sales engineers to provide enhanced technical education? Should we hire teammates in European timezones to improve the sales experience for our customers (and prospects) in 52 other countries around the globe? These are the types of questions you’ll help us answer over time.
- You have 10+ years of experience leading sales teams in a high-growth, competitive SaaS environment. Ideally, you have experience working with high- and medium-touch enterprise customers in an environment that has a product-led growth foundation.
- You continually demonstrate a strategic mindset. You apply and understand strategic models used so they can guide but not lead you. You build up knowledge of the business and the world it operates in, trends and landscape, to create an awareness and understanding of what the challenges and opportunities are that impact the business now and in the future. Additionally, you need to have a healthy and curious mindset and openness to be challenged and question your own thinking. It is about having the knowledge of the details but focusing on understanding how they all contribute to the whole that is the key to a strategic mindset.
- You have a track record of attracting, hiring, and coaching great talent. People you’ve managed still consider you a mentor and have gone on to do big things. Many of them would work with you again in a heartbeat.
- You’re creative and will drive experiments in different sales approaches. You love listening to calls, reading between the lines on what customers are truly saying, and ideating with the team on a better approach.
- You are exceptional at building trusting relationships with customers and scale teams that do the same.
- You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You naturally document plans for transparency so future employees can quickly get up to speed.
- You are comfortable leading remote teams, and believe it is the future of work. You embrace asynchronous communication and work hard to help your team achieve an ideal flow.
- You believe in servant leadership. You are willing to work in the trenches and take pride in the ongoing coaching and development of your teammates. You constantly look for ways to make everyone better at what they do.
Note – Appcues uses a market-data driven approach to setting compensation ranges, and pins compensation ranges to data provided by third-party organizations. This range is for all US-based candidates and is built to be competitive nationwide by utilizing ranges for the Greater Boston area, regardless of where in the US an employee lives (or later relocates). This range represents salary-based compensation and does not include our equity package (in stock options), 401k match, or other benefits including an office setup budget, tech budget, training and education budget, and co-working space reimbursements. Actual compensation offered to a successful applicant may be based on job-related experience and other factors consistent with applicable law. For non-US based candidates, Appcues adjusts salary ranges based on cost of labor in each market. If you have questions on the pay range in your country, the recruiter will be happy to discuss specifics during your introductory conversation.”
Appcues’ mission is to help teams deliver experiences their users love. Our vision is for every software company to embrace product-led growth, resulting in more engaged and happier users.
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and we get together annually for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Flexible Time Off – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so employees don’t accrue vacation time – they work with their managers to schedule time off when they need it, consistent with our Flexible Time Off policy. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.