TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
We know sales tax isn’t fun for anyone, so we’re determined to ease the burden with an exceptional customer experience. To achieve this, we provide the same incredible quality of life for our team members as we do for our customers by creating a professional, unique, award-winning place to work. We have many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and everything we do is guided by our core values:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
The Vice President of Sales will lead a team of Account Executives towards the attainment of individual sales quotas. This sales leader must be able to empower, measure, monitor, and hold the team accountable for monthly quota attainment as well as lead by example. This strategic leader collaborates with the AEs in opening doors and closing on new business – partnering on account calls, assisting in account health monitoring, and effectively maintaining strong account relationships while also reducing churn and growing new business. This leader is a mentor as well as a coach; and, is a true evangelist for the needs of the business.
What You Will Be Doing
- Daily management of a sales team – goal is to grow overall revenue of the TaxJar Professional offering through the attainment of monthly quotas
- Assesses sales pipeline, activity & forecasts to determine sales progress & areas for refinement/improvement
- Foster a high-performing and energetic culture that instills a feeling of inclusion and belonging
- Coach AEs through the development of key sales skills, including market management, forecasting & sales planning, prospecting/pipelining within account base, deal negotiations, cross-functional support both internally and externally, as well as CRM/reporting accuracy. Includes performance management, creating a bench of qualified talent, and growing the team headcount as needed
- Develops proven and new strategies with AEs to further penetrate potential opportunities and reinforce process and steps designed to deliver value at scale to TaxJar customers
- Maintain positive and proactive line of communication between the lines of business as well as senior leadership; includes developing and delivering accurate forecast and attainment details during weekly and quarterly business reviews
- Identifies & supports opportunities for training as well as career diversification and growth across the team
- Operates well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision. Can think creatively and independently to resolve conflict as well as solve problems
The Impact You Will Have:
- Scale a new unit within the TaxJar Sales ecosystem with 8-10 new Account Executives in the next 6 months
- Inspire your team to do their best work, and coach your Directors and sales reps to develop their careers and execute with excellence
- You will be masterful in client engagements and impact how our customers do business in an ever-changing environment
- Achieve record-breaking revenue results as a team
What You Bring With You:
- 5+ years of prior leadership experience managing sales teams within SaaS-based offerings
- 8+ years experience selling software in a quota-carrying role
- Quota-attainment record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Prior experience developing and maintaining business, sales, & market plans as well as negotiating & closing complex deal
- Track record of building, coaching, and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Prior experience selling compliance or tax solution also helpful
- Experience selling into a variety of industries and territories
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams as needed as well as leverage internal resources to problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – includes excellent reporting and forecasting skills. Attention to detail is critical
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your promotion and spam folders for application updates. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for!