Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
We’re hiring a VP Sales to scale our advertising and sponsorships business to $100 million in revenue.
You’ll be responsible for managing the team and scaling the sales processes, owning the number, nurturing relationships with key clients, working with other key stakeholders to develop new sales products and more.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional who has successfully held at least a Director of Sales role and managed a team. You should ideally have a background in media sales. Crypto knowledge is a plus.
Although we are a remote company, New York area candidates are preferred. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will manage the sales team and will:
- Own the top line sponsorships revenue number
- Manage team quotas and incentives
- Continue to build, hire, nurture, motivate and drive accountability across the team
- Foster deeper relationships with clients
- Work with marketing to professionalize and improve upon sales materials
- Monitor competitive offerings
- Build sales reporting to review with the sales team and executive team
- Forecast sales in collaboration with the executive team
- Experience leading and growing sales teams (at least Director of Sales or above)
- Killer sales mentality
- Passion for crypto
- Experience selling media, podcasts, conferences
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org