Web Developer at Spare
Spare is a suite of sustainable mobility products, which have an impact on the day-to-day lives of individuals globally. We are currently looking for a Web Developer to join our Website team.
The Website team is responsible for:
2. Spare app store and networking
3. Spare developer docs, customer-facing web development
is the face of our product and single greatest marketing asset. We want to continuously work on improving this lead-generation asset and improve conversations our Growth team has with prospects.
The Website team has a strong understanding of our customers and potential customers, combined with digital marketing expertise and a solid understanding of how to build great looking, accessible, responsive, and usable websites.
Spare HQ is Vancouver, BC, but this position is open to remote work options across Canada.
✨What you’ll do✨
– Work closely with Marketing to bring innovative solutions forward for optimizing SEO, improving conversion rate, and improving other Marketing metrics
– Take responsibility for updates, maintenance, and improvements to our site www.sparelabs.com
– Create beautiful and functional landing pages for our different locations and other parts of our business
– Solve technical issues and bugs on our site to create a seamless experience for visitors
– Contribute to the ideation and development of new website features to create an outstanding user experience and optimize conversion
✨Who you are✨
– You have a portfolio of websites you have built, with at least 2 different websites that are live now
– You have solid experience in Web Development and an interest in data-driven Marketing
– You have previous experience working closely with Marketing while developing websites
– You have an eye for design and attention to detail, ensuring our site scales to different screen sizes
– You have an interest in digital marketing, SEO, web marketing, and user experience
– A degree or education in software development or web development is a bonus
– Previous experience working as a Web Developer at a Digital Marketing Agency is a bonus
✨What we’re doing @ Spare ✨
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand transit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare’s direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let’s change it together!
✨About Our Team ✨
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
✨What we offer ✨
A passionate, dedicated team, focused on innovation and building a world-class platform.
The opportunity to make an impact on communities around the world. Add an aspect of social good into your day!
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and paramedical coverage, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family (equivalent to 12 hours of counselling annually, as well as financial and caregiver support).
Health, wellness and education support through our $500 Lifestyle Spending policy. Take a course or buy a kayak – it’s on us!
Completely remote-optional work environment and beautiful downtown Vancouver office space if/when you prefer to be in the office.
An inclusive environment, where we focus every day on our people and the people in communities around us.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.