Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
As a collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
The marketing team is looking for an experienced Website & SEO Manager that will own the overall Website & SEO strategy for the company. You will make data-driven decisions to identify, prioritize, and execute initiatives that deliver incremental traffic, conversions, brand awareness and ultimately revenue to Platform.sh. The ideal candidate has a proven record of achieving and measuring results through experimentation, content-based and technical efforts. This role reports directly to our Vice President of Growth Marketing.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Own and manage the overall Website & SEO strategy for Platform.sh
- Audit and identify website gaps (technical, design…) that will fuel the roadmap in order to deliver a high quality experience and increase revenue for the company.
- Implement experimentations that will significantly increase conversion rates.
- Clearly understand the current traffic funnels and deliver a great customer journey for our different personas.
- Develop a plan to identify and execute on top opportunities to grow organic search traffic, website leads and revenue for the business.
- Create a set of clear KPIs around the traffic growth, conversion rates, leads and the SEO pillars: content, backlinks, and technical. Set appropriate goals, timelines and paths to improve each component of the strategy.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to uncover new opportunities and optimize existing content.
- Analyze competitive landscape and make recommendations on relevant strategies to capture relevant traffic and conversions.
- Ensure the technical side of SEO for our website is state of the art.
- Closely collaborate with our content and brand team to ensure a consistent Platform.sh tone of voice and look & feel.
- Ensure the website is localized and maintained properly, from a language and structure standpoint, as well as compliance partnering with our security team.
- Manage external/internal contributors to assist in producing content.
What you bring
- 4 to 6 years of experience in website management and SEO in a fast paced SaaS/technology organization.
- Website management expert with a track record of managing a roadmap and constant improvements on a sizable digital property.
- SEO expert with a demonstrated history of increasing rankings, traffic and revenue through managing and executing SEO strategies and tactics.
- Expert in creating relevant content for search engine optimization.
- Strong understanding of website management, web development principles and technical SEO.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data to create business cases, market insight and requirements.
- Experience in managing web and SEO agencies as well as external writers/freelancers.
- Strong expertise with tools such as Google analytics, Google Search Console, Optimizely, AB Tasty, Fullstory, Heap, SEM Rush, Ahrefs, Screaming frog….
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Strong team player and relationship builder with a collaborative stylework.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Think big! We have a massive opportunity in front of us, shoot for the stars!
Company perks and benefits
- Remote culture
- Leadership that cares.
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications.
- Wellness stipend of US$300 a year
- Professional development budget of US$800.
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages.
- Office budget of US$3,000 at hire (a computer is mandatory, but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a Wi-Fi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees and a Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs.
- A company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of.
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic).
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards.
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent).
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR staff only).
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only).
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff.
- Company shares (discretionary).
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts.
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers.
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1 – 4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director-level roles and above.
You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers during the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
Platform.sh is a unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform to build, run, and scale fleets of websites and applications. We are trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to help create innovative digital experiences.