We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you energized by helping your team succeed? Do you love enabling them to deliver their best when it comes to customer support? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience—and that’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Workforce Management Specialist on the Support team, you’ll be responsible for support system optimization, scheduling requirements, and helping to influence the direction of Support for all of Thinkific. You’ll be conducting regular Support operations health checks and monitoring for opportunities in efficiency gains, as well as work with our Support Operations Manager to implement new features, enhancements, and functionality. At Thinkific, you’ll contribute to a collaborative, passionate, and incredibly helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day queue management across all Support channels, including email, phone, and chat
- Work collaboratively with the Support management team and team leads to ensure proper resourcing so that Support SLAs are met across all channels
- Be the lead administrator for our workforce management tool
- Forecast and schedule to meet the needs of specific marketing campaigns or ad hoc events (such as new product launches and application changes) that may affect Support queue volumes
- Assist the Support Operations Manager with ad hoc Support system needs, which may include issue resolution with tools and licensing or communicating with our vendors
- Assist with team-wide objectives and projects such as training, tool roll-out, and process planning and roll-out
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have at least 2 years in workforce management, specifically in scheduling, as well as experience reporting on staffing, shrinkage, and headcount forecasts
- Have experience in an online customer support role, supporting customers through multiple channels such as email, chat, and phone
- Display an understanding of SLAs and how to ensure a Support team can meet their outlined service levels and KPIs
- Demonstrate stellar written and verbal communication skills! You can clearly articulate technical problems and solutions by phone and email, both to technical and non-technical folks
- Be an independent problem solver—you have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex platform problem, even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and readily handle emergency situations on the fly
- Love to rally a team around a goal, motivating and inspiring them around their impact
- Be extremely data-driven and enjoy keeping an eye on support data often; email volume, call volume, CSAT, etc.
- Bring new perspectives and like to get creative by finding innovative solutions to tough problems
- Love helping people–you can’t help but go above and beyond to support a customer!
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Know your way around Zendesk products and reporting, with specific fluency in Zendesk Explore
- Have used a workforce management tool to help manage a Support team larger than 50 people
- Can build relationships and work cross-departmentally with Sales, Product, and Marketing teams
- Are familiar with metrics like CSAT and NPS—you likely tracked these in previous roles
- Have worked in a B2C SaaS environment
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience using Slack, Assembled, Asana, Google Drive, and TextExpander
- Previously contributed to building an internal Knowledge Base or Help Center
- Have experience driving customer feedback to other teams internally
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!