Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $112,850 – $139,400
The Workforce Specialist will use systems framework to support working groups, assist in implementation of pilot projects, facilitate meetings, and provide facilitation support to work group leads, and assist in scheduling lead team and guiding team meetings. The ideal candidate will have experience leading complex initiatives with ambitious timelines and outcomes with a focus on workforce execution and delivery.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time opportunity and is based in Iowa.
- Representing work to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining project plans
- Facilitation support for working groups
- Providing progress reports articulating activities, impacts and outcomes
- Prepare and share regular communication of progress, activities and outcomes to stakeholders
- Participate in strategic planning process, contribute to the ideation, design, implementation, and assessment of work
- Work in collaboration with internal and external partners to provide guidance, logistics support, and expertise in systems change
- Work with state, local, and 3rd party organizations to execute on projects objectives and goals as a core representative of the Merit team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage time on multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Self-motivated and comfortable within a largely virtual working environment
- Team player and open to feedback and collaboration
- Well-rounded interpersonal skill set, with the capacity to build relationships, work effectively in teams and facilitate issue resolution
- Curiosity, eagerness, and ability to develop new knowledge and skills
- Ability to travel to support projects as needed (up to 50% travel expected)
- 2 to 5 years of experience working for a workforce agency or affiliated organization.
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.