Are you a people person with a ‘team above all else’ mentality? Can you handle multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail and organization? Do you have experience working in a fast paced environment with various stakeholders? Above all else are you outgoing, approachable and work with a positive attitude? If yes, read on!
We’re hiring a Workplace Experience Coordinator to support our various teams with daily, monthly and quarterly tasks and projects. In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for keeping business operations running smoothly, which includes everything from overseeing office access to ensuring our team members have the equipment they need to do their best work. You’ll help our People Experience team execute online (and eventually in-person) events and work closely with various teams to implement efficient processes and policies to help our company continue to grow. Once our office re-opens, you’ll be the main point of contact for our space and will oversee other daily office upkeep, coordinate building/equipment maintenance and run errands as needed. This means your role and duties will evolve over time!
In this role, you will:
- Anticipate needs and execute on purchase requests from ordering books to work from home set-ups
- Assist with equipment orders when team members are upgrading an existing or purchasing a new device
- Handle the shipping of swag and other necessities to our team members and our customers
- Create a great new hire experience with new hire gifts, food ordering set-up and new device purchases
- Support our People Experience team with online events using Zoom and Google Hangouts (Town Halls, Weekly Team Huddles, etc.)
- Coordinate with building management to set-up alarm codes and access cards for new team members
- Assist in the execution of team-specific events including coordination of group lunch orders
- Contribute to a healthy team culture by bringing order to chaos with a smile on your face
- Book flights, accommodations and other team member travel needs for those relocating to Canada (and eventually those travelling for work when required)
- Respond to teammate and vendor questions and requests
- Manage our vendors and other partners that support our business operations
- Assist in the development and execution of operational improvements, including documentation of best practices and “how-tos”
- Stay a few steps ahead of the curve at all times—you should be able to anticipate the needs of the company, executive team and teammates before they even know it themselves!
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Possess 2-3 years of experience in an operations or office management role (or similar)
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and detail oriented while being efficient
- Exhibit resourcefulness, positivity and feel energized when you’re able to “cross things off the list” (you can take a to-do list, hone in on the most important items first and execute in order, quickly)
- Have a proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excel in written and verbal communication skills, with a high EQ (you’re just as comfortable sending off a carefully planned email to the team as you are having an unscheduled phone call with a vendor when something breaks down)
- Be a sincere person willing to support others and will always put the team’s interests before your own (but you also believe in standing strong when it comes to your decisions and are willing to push back respectfully when necessary)
- Show reliability and consistency—you know how important it is to reply to messages in a timely manner and deliver on tasks when you say you will.
- Deliver, be outcome-oriented and not satisfied with “I tried.” You don’t stop until the goal is achieved!
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are familiar with all the latest productivity and communication tools and have a streamlined workflow (we currently use Slack, Asana, and the Google Apps suite)
- Have heard of Radical Candor and are on board with giving/receiving feedback in this way
- Find great satisfaction in helping others but also take ownership of your own work
- Don’t fear change (this is still a startup—”Adaptable” is most of our middle names)
- Get excited to jump in and help with anything that comes up as well as solve problems
- Have a hands-on mentality and don’t mind getting in the weeds (for example, you know the importance of health and safety training and can ensure we comply with requirements)
- Take great pride in how professional and creative you are!
- Are not afraid to ask for help and have a team-oriented mentality
Bonus points if you:
- Have previous experience working at a startup or tech company during high growth stage
- Know how to work smarter, not harder— you’d rather invest time in finding tech-based solutions to automate workflows than to stick to how it’s always been done
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!