TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 240+ people is growing fast. Our team has an opening for a Writer, Content Strategist.
We’re looking for an experienced writer who enjoys bringing complex topics (like fintech and sales tax) to life for a variety of audiences — from small business entrepreneurs to mid-market CFOs. Our ideal candidate is comfortable across a variety of media, but particularly excels at long-long form content such as e-books, blogs and white papers. Those with a journalism background are encouraged to apply — even better if you have a background in finance, though this isn’t required. In addition to long-form writing, the person in this role may write emails, landing pages, videos and digital ads.
Ours is a culture of experimentation, but we like to ground our strategy in data. You’ll work alongside a talented group of designers, writers and other creatives, who enjoy the spirit of collaboration without big egos.
A day in the life
- Be a champion of TaxJar and Stripe’s voice — and we welcome your ideas on how we can approach content and creative work in innovative ways
- Create compelling content to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include e-books, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.)
- Work with designers and video pros to develop multimedia content including digital ads and videos
- Help develop content strategies that attract prospective customers, educate them, and encourage conversion
- Partner with our social media manager on social content
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day
You’ll be a great add to the team if you have….
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- Past experience crafting compelling long-form writing: journalism, blogs, e-books, and/or guides
- Understanding of how to use different digital channels for content marketing: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Self-sufficient at managing projects with many touch points
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative writer who cares about the craft but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
You’ll love TaxJar if you….
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.