As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The writer will write authoritative stories for our shopping/e-commerce site The Strategist. The website, an offshoot of the magazine’s award-winning print section of the same name, offers readers rigorously-vetted articles to help navigate the vast online shopping landscape.
- Write and/or update 5 stories per week, most of which are expert-driven
- Regularly test out products and services on your own
- Closely monitor trends, product launches, innovations and consumer habits so as to constantly pitch story ideas
- Regularly monitor when stuff goes on sale, and look out for actually good deals
- Work on 2-3 long-lead ambitious projects a year
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by editors
- Ability to work independently
- Strong and fast-paced writing skills for a digital publication
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn, the Strategist’s voice and approach to service journalism
- 2+ years of professional journalism experience
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.