ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As our 0→1 Product Leader, you’ll create and scale new consumer products for our network of tens of millions of children and families, building a global consumer education business. You’ll grow ClassDojo from where we are to our next major milestones: reaching 100 million+ active families, and $100 million+ in revenue, while deepening love for our brand.
You’ll work closely with our co-founders, CTO, Head of Product, Head of Marketing, and cross-functional teams to invent and test exciting long-term ideas. You’ll work at both a strategic and tactical level, turning data, research, and intuition into products and experiences that tens of millions of children will love.
You might be a good fit if:
- You’ve achieved product-market fit with new consumer products
- You have experience as a founder, or an equivalent level of accountability
- You’ve monetized consumer products, ideally subscription products or marketplaces
- You have a strong grasp of product strategy
- You have strong product intuition, and good taste
- You enjoy speaking with customers, and conducting qualitative user research to inform direction
- You have strong quantitative skills and comfort with analysis
- You work well in resource-constrained environments
- You move faster than is comfortable—you are an instigator
- Your written and spoken communication is clear and concise
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.