Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019, 2020, and 2021! We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking to add two Product Managers: one to own our flagship “PRM” product and another to own our new data and content integration systems. Reporting to our VP of Product, you’d join a 10 person Product team of product managers, product operation managers, product designers, and media database managers motivated to build a best in industry solution. Regardless of role, as part of an early stage company on a growing team, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to contribute to our growth while defining your career and have a massive impact.
As our Product Manager, PRM, you would standardize team operations to streamline work and increase efficiency. With the team, you would research, define, and launch feature processes for our PRM product.
As our PM, Content, you would design and develop strategies for how best to leverage data and content partnerships for integrations. Through user interviews, you’ll identify needs of Muck Rack customers and coordinate projects with engineering and design teams to launch new features accordingly.
At Muck Rack, you will…
- Create a vision for the product and translate that into a product roadmap you own.
- Define metrics to assess the health of your product and roadmap and enact a plan for quality assurance.
- Analyze and monitor qualitative and quantitative data on Muck Rack usage to develop world-class user experiences looking to create, manage and deliver feature plans, roadmaps, project plans and specifications.
- Work with stakeholders to define Muck Rack’s strategy – bringing in content through our own processes, partnering with outside vendors for additional content.
- Drive tooling and efficiency across Product, Engineering, Design and Data teams.
- Interview users to understand and identify needs and requirements of what Muck Rack should build.
- Create, manage and deliver feature plans, roadmaps, project plans and specifications.
- Lead and participate in all stages of product development including research, project planning, product development organization, QA testing and launch.
- Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams including engineering, customer success, marketing, and design to build features, implement growth strategies and manage complex projects.
- Define future Content/PRM strategies and features.
- As PM, Content: identify, evaluate, and negotiate content partnership and licensing opportunities in partnership with business teams.
You will thrive in this role if you…
- Owned product from ideation through roadmap, launch, and post-launch for software-as-a-service products or a platform that serves a large amount of data.
- Have defined the strategy for a feature set or product area and led its development.
- Ran SQL queries, and are comfortable with exploratory data analysis (big data is a plus).
- Communicate and collaborate closely with engineers, designers, users, and business teams.
- Have worked directly with users and have an understanding of how to parse through user feedback and creatively connect it to product development.
- Have experience presenting complex ideas in low fidelity wireframes or mock ups.
- Have experience working on a platform that serves a large volume of content.
- Are experienced in content scraping, parsing, feeds, integrations, and 3rd-party APIs.
- Have defined a feature or specific functionality that was launched to a production application
- Are proficient in Spanish or another language in addition to English is a plus!
- Have experience working with or in business development or partnerships to drive data licensing conversations (for PM, Content)
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salaries and company-wide bonus plan
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals; 70% paid by employer for families)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted gym & bike memberships and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and from all parts of the United States and Canada to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process and employer experience.