Account Director, Paid Search & Shopping
Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Group Strategy Director, Ecommerce
Estimated Start: July 2021
Location: REMOTE – Anywhere, US (Eastern Time Zone preferred)
Work Authorization: This role is open to US Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for an Account Director, Paid Search & Shopping with deep paid search and shopping experience to help lead and execute strategy on our largest US paid advertiser’s account!
Tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
Give me a breakdown of what an Account Director, Paid Search & Shopping at Brainlabs does:
- Responsible for: hitting daily targets, weekly reporting, agendas and client meetings, QA and improvement in daily reporting, communicating optimization methodology and setting client expectations as we see trends in bid strategy performance out of expectations with targets/goals
- Day to day management of all client communications. Serves as the main point of contact and first line of communication with the client, including leading client calls, written communications and QA of all team comms
- Recognise opportunities, threats and risks and carry out or assign actions to maximise client growth while consistently hitting targets
- Sets the standard and/or creates best practices for client delivery and innovation, training, and thought leadership in search, shopping and ecomm strategies
- Prepare, present, and execute strategies and roadmaps aligned with client goals with prioritization for maximum impact.
Additional client management responsibilities –
- Measured on revenue retention and growth and client satisfaction scores for Bed Bath feedback scorecards
- Develop relationships with senior client contacts, discussing business updates, getting feedback etc.
- Have a view of the big picture performance vs. goals, ensure the client knows how well we’re doing, and ensure innovative pieces of work are being carried out
- Perform regular analyses and make data-driven recommendations, following our ‘test and learn’ methodology
- Implement responsibility assignment matrix (e.g. RACI) across client accounts for effective delegation, internal and external communications, and project management
- Lead client meetings and business review preparation, preferably via video conference – prepare the agenda or deck and ensure we take notes
- Implement & use Brainlabs’ tools on all accounts
- Ensures that systems are in place for QA checks to be conducted on a regular basis for all accounts under management
Leadership responsibilities –
- Mentor indirect managees utilizing a strengths-based coaching approach to prepare them to lead client accounts, including communication, calls, meetings, and emails.
- Model strong leadership including alignment to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotion self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participant in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal marketing efforts
What talents and experience would suit this role?
- Minimum 5-years hands-on client-facing, digital marketing experience with a majority of that experience focused in paid search and shopping working with retail clients
- Previous project management and leadership experience with the ability to effectively manage talents, resources, and a shared sense of urgency for success
- Experience with creating client strategy, communication, management, and proactive account performance troubleshooting
- Uncompromising accountability with your clients and their goals where you are driven and ultimately responsible for successful outcomes, but understand the value of and runs towards delegating day-to-day task execution
- Demonstrated proficiency of paid media and/or SEO platforms
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and presentation skills which enables you to adapt to varying audiences, motivate others, and share actionable insights from data
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps, especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrate alignment to our company values
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to email@example.com.