About Wurl, LLC
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU’s and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Account Executive – (Location: Remote)
Wurl is looking for an experienced and strategic Account Executive for the US Media Sales division. Our ideal candidate has CTV and/or digital media sales experience, and is a strong individual contributor and team player. This is an experienced mid-level role, focused on media sales and growing revenue. This role reports to the Senior Director, US Advertising in our Advertising Division.
The focus of your role is direct media sales to in-house media buying teams and agency buying teams. This is a hunter role to secure meetings and build a book of business selling Wurl’s growing suite of programmatic and managed service offerings. Must have strong relationships with various media buyers and marketers at brands and agencies. You will work closely with the Sr Director, as well as AdOps and a Customer Success Manager who will help maintain relationships and support after deals are closed.
You will thrive in Wurl’s creative, fast-paced, and autonomous culture. This role is an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact in a growth-phase company, selling cutting edge media and technology!
What You’ll Do at Wurl:
- Experience winning media sales deals, growing customer relationships, meeting and exceeding aggressive quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Collaborative leadership skills, positive attitude, and passion for revenue growth
- Strong Communicator. You are the quarterback and the coach.
- Strong analytical capabilities and consultative sales skills, and a deep understanding of technology-enabled advertising
- Balance analytics with creativity, managing KPIs and speak knowledgeably on digital metrics as well as understand financial business objectives and translate those into action for teams.
- Ability to collaborate on the story for our go-to-market materials, interfacing with Marketing and Sales-Marketing.
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party demand partners to drive Wurl’s media business
- Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the business
- Set business goals and maintain monthly financial results and projection plan
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers and agencies
- Create, aggressively pitch, close new business and exceed sales targets by using a robust solution-based sales approach
- Packaging inventory to focus on core audience requested in the media sales market
- Some travel, once COVID restrictions are lifted and travel is deemed safe.
Who you are:
- BA/BS; MBA preferred, not required
- 5+ years of media sales experience ideally in CTV and/or digital media
- Existing rolodex of agency and brand buyers
- A creative storyteller who can motivate customers through insight-driven communications
- Some experience negotiating contracts
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.