We’re expanding a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of world-class software organizations. To us, sales isn’t pitching a vision, closing a decision maker and then handing them a product; it’s providing an amazing experience centered around helping a prospect to make the right buying decision.
Appcues is a SaaS platform used by thousands of companies to improve their products without writing any code. Our customers, such as Segment, Fullstory and Amplitude, embed Appcues in their products to influence user behavior and grow their business through beautiful in-app experiences they design.
As an Account Executive at Appcues, you will take our buyers on a journey from discovering Appcues, demoing our software to assisting them in testing and implementation to finally, helping them purchase Appcues. In this position, you will work closely with a BDR and the first-class experience you provide will meaningfully impact our brand perception and lead us to win in competitive situations.
About the role…
- Prospecting – While you will work closely with a BDR in this role, you will also be responsible for generating your own pipeline.
- Collaborating – You can expect to strategize daily with the sales team, product team, and leadership on closing and accelerating deals. .
- Researching – Collaborating with a BDR, research and target potential new accounts.
- Demoing – You will own all demoing of the Appcues platform.
- Testing – You will manage the process and assist the prospect with any technical testing and proof of concept needed.
- Closing – You will own helping a prospect buy Appcues and become a customer. You will own negotiation and introduce new customers to our Customer Success Team to ensure a great experience continues after the handoff.
- You believe at your core that solving for the success of Appcues customers is the best lever to drive team and personal success.
- You’re excited about working in a startup-vibe, wearing many hats and taking ownership of solving problems without being asked.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you have freedom to mold your own role and learn faster than others. Maybe you work at a startup now and love it. Or you work at a big company and the slow moving process and all the red tape make you restless.
- You’re technically astute and would be excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you should want to understand the basics of how they work.
- You are a “hunter” who truly enjoys building and owning your own book of business.
- You have 3+ years of sales experience, preferably at a fast-growing SaaS company.
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and we get together annually for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Flexible vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take the time they need to relax and refresh. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.