RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
We’re a fast growing company with a goal of making a lasting and meaningful contribution in the world. Our mission is to provide the most widely used open source software and enterprise-ready professional products for statistical data-analysis, package management, and sharing data products at scale. Our tools further the cause of equipping everyone, regardless of economic means, to participate in a global economy that increasingly rewards data literacy.
We are hiring multiple Commercial Account Executives for net new roles to meet the market demand!
- You are interested in a technical sales role that involves familiarity with analytics / Data Science. You have at least 1+ years of B2B Software Sales experience, with a track record of success.
- You are highly organized and thrive in a high-velocity environment that, although reasonable and respectful, often has ambiguities and competing priorities.
- It’s a strong plus if you are open to diving into R or RStudio communities through in-person meetups, conferences, workshops, events, or electronic forums.
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work.
- You are humble, and collaborate well with other people. You thrive working within a team, and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and can function effectively in a distributed team.
- Once travel and in-person meetings can be conducted safely, you are available to travel occasionally as needed.
To be successful you must be able to engage others using a variety of mediums and be able to manage a large number of opportunities to closure efficiently. You should thrive on individual contribution with a team orientation as you will be working closely with a BDR team to assist you with lead qualification. You must have a passion for working with customers and a curiosity for learning the technology and learning more about data science and the R language.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain exposure to an industry that will only continue to grow while working alongside some of the leaders in Data Science.
You will also be responsible for achieving measurable growth in new business through prospecting accounts by providing education and product-planning updates. Finally, because of RStudio’s position within the R community, it is critical that you be our eyes, ears and voice to continue to learn about, contribute to, and be a preacher of R, RStudio, and our community’s unique culture.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy