Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Account Executive, Performance Advertising to join our growing partnerships team.
Why it Matters: As an Account Executive of Performance Advertising, you’ll work with new and existing partners to grow revenue through newsletter advertising. These partners want to reach Axios’ audience on a daily basis to drive sales and leads for their products. You’ll act as a brand ambassador for Axios to develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with agencies and client partners.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. This is a high-energy role that requires strong communication skills, an ability to understand partner business priorities, and a proven ability to generate leads. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- Experience in sales, digital media, consulting, or marketing
- A strong eye for direct-to-consumer ad strategies and creative outreach skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to command an audience
- Understanding of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Exceptionally collaborative, both within your own team and cross-functionally
- Willingness to travel and attend social events and engagements, sometimes during evening hours
- Growth mindset with hunger to constantly learn and improve your craft
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.