**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
We are focused on maximizing innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely creates Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Account Executive leads the full sales lifecycle from prospect to close. The AE models a value-based, consultative selling approach; establishing trust into multiple parts (product teams, IT, finance, etc.) and the C-level/Executive Sponsors within an organization. The AE prospects, partners with internal resources – Sales Development, Customer Success, and Marketing to connect with key partners.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead the entire sales strategy for your designated region.
- Executing Jama’s broader market strategy to target the right customers, effectively prospect, qualify, develop and close new logo customers.
- Balance a variety of selling techniques from phone to direct customer interaction; successfully navigating through highly sophisticated organizations, hunting and identifying key decision makers.
- Lead business pipeline, providing accurate weekly and monthly reports and forecasts based on Jama’s sales model and opportunity management definitions.
Education and Experience:
- 2-4+ years of proven experience with enterprise level sales.
- Systems Engineering/ALM/PLM/RM experience preferred.
Strengths You’ll Need
- Strategically attacks the territory in order to unearth suitable opportunities for Jama.
- Gathers & analyzes intelligence about the market, identifying trends about key prospects.
- Experience selling into an organization at multiple levels (C-suite/Executive Sponsor) and multiple divisions (product, marketing, IT, etc.).
Drives value creation:
- Excellent listener who understands and relates to highly sophisticated customer challenges and business problems. Able to demonstrate examples and success stories for how Jama has solved similar challenges, leading to positive outcomes.
- Uses reference stories and industry standard methodologies to show how Jama can improve operational results.
- Effectively uses their network to gain access to key partners. Can build a case for change, influencing executives to transform their business.
- Understands the complexity of problems facing enterprise level customers, breaking the complexity into simple and meaningful components through successful implementation of Jama Software and our services.
Leads sales opportunities:
- Models good sales practices and maintains accurate opportunity records. Analyzes and interprets pipeline data, identifying trends to more accurately predict deal cycles.
- Using their network and relationships, can bring key partners and executives together to build rapport and close deals.
- Proven track record of developing a mentor/champion within customer account.
- Effectively utilize internal resources to improve territory and opportunities.
- Lead customer through the sales process, building a Customer Engagement Plan that details the steps vital to get to a successful Close.
Drives for results and closes deals:
- Models tenacious behavior in the face of obstacles and achieves positive outcomes.
- Intelligently manages time and territory to improve business results.
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Contribute to a company developing a compelling, category defining product
- Exciting and fun work with a chance to make distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized, diverse and ambitious team of people on a mission
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs designed to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
- Flexible, creative workplace that includes a modern, open plan office with ample creative workspaces, monthly lunches and bagel days, a stocked kitchen and many fun events that ensure we both work hard and play hard at Jama
Jama Software is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.