Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
At Merit our growth is our top priority. We are looking for experienced account managers to help us build and maintain meaningful, long-lasting relationships. You will be an evangelist for Merit, educating partners on the benefits of our offerings while building a community through strong leadership and relationships with clients.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused, have a proven ability to deliver results in high growth environments, possess a strong business acumen, be an effective communicator, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and be quick to learn new things.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
– Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
– Act as the escalation point of contact in all matters relating to client concerns and needs
– Build and strengthen client relationships to achieve long-term partnerships
– Maintain accurate client records, keeping track of any contract updates and renewals
– Work with sales and other internal teams to develop strategic plans for each customer to ensure long term growth of relationship and client satisfaction
– Be the subject matter expert; develop a thorough understanding of our products and service offerings to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities to ensure our clients are maximizing use of our products and services and have us top of mind for their next opportunity
– Take inquiries and requests from customers and address their needs
– Stay on top of accounts, making sure they are receiving services that are within their budget and meeting their needs
– Meet regularly with other members of the team to discuss progress and find new ways to improve business
– Generate progress reports to share internally and with clients
– This role may include some travel
– 3+ years experience in Account Management with extra credit for experience working with Government clients
– Professional experience in a sales or customer service role
– Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas and receiving positive customer feedback
– Proficiency with common customer success and customer relationship management software, experience with Salesforce a plus
– Ability to multitask and juggle several responsibilities simultaneously
– Passion for helping others and a drive for providing exceptional customer service
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Organizational skills and good attention to detail
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.