Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Help fuel the growth of small businesses by creating and maintaining Nav’s strategic partnerships! This role will serve as a relationship manager between Nav and its external business partners in the financial product space. You will be responsible for developing and executing against our affinity partnerships strategy enabling growth of Nav’s card and financial offerings,while delivering best-in-class products and services to our customers. The position requires a serious drive and a “take it personal” attitude towards results. If you’re a high-energy innovator, enjoy a collaborative environment, and have the gusto to solve big challenges, we’d love to meet you!
What we empower you with:
- Create and nurture relationships with Nav’s strategic partners, further strengthening and expanding our stakeholder engagement and business partnerships.
- Drive key strategies and initiatives with partners to optimize relationships, improve our product monetization, and identify new offerings/opportunities.
- Support product optimization, sales enablement, customer experience improvement, supporting consumer and business banking line of business partners, and on-going product management activities.
- Align with business development leaders to continually enhance our value proposition and define areas of opportunity to solve across the business card and financial product segments.
- Influence and drive initiatives surrounding offer optimization, new account origination, and customer onboarding experience.
- Monitor trends across the SMB marketplace, identification of opportunities for the business, and development of business cases required to deliver objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter product expert for technology, operations, contact center, and other business partners within our financial marketplace and ability to effectively partner with them to continually enhance our business initiatives (marketplace)
- Appropriately build and manage vendor relationships to enhance our product roadmap and resolve product gaps
- Help define and execute against key KPIs for the partnerships team; tracking progress against the partnerships teams goals and hitting critical targets
- Establish processes for ongoing reporting to be delivered to key stakeholders within Nav and the partner’s organization.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to execute promotional opportunities with partners.
- Collaborate with our Product, Finance, Engineering, and Compliance teams in order to create a consistent marketplace experience throughout Nav.
- Assist with structuring, negotiating and closing strategic partnerships agreement.
What you bring to the table:
- You bring a deep understanding of, and experience in, B2B partnerships including affiliate ecosystems and/or B2B2C partnerships including online referral, sell-through and sell-with models. Financial services, SaaS, or tech experience required.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment with key internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a strong background in affiliate compliance and marketplace experience.
- You are the perfect blend of strategic thinking and tactical execution, with a strong focus on delivering key brand partners, and growing revenue.
- You are a passionate advocate for small business owners and take pride in helping them succeed.
- You have Strong partner, client, or account management background with proven track record to influence & negotiate
- You demonstrate excellent partner-facing skills including relationship building and clarity of verbal and written communication as you represent Nav to our partners and clients.
- You are able to identify solutions and ensure progress in the face of any obstacle with your keen analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- You demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to meet project milestones, internal team needs, solve problems, and meet partner expectations
- You have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment (across many time zones).
- You take ownership to deliver results under pressure!
- We’d love it if you have previous experience managing affiliate programs via platforms such as Commission Junction, Impact Radius, and Rakuten.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate appropriately — some tech knowledge is a huge plus!
Who you are:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You have an affinity for a hyper-growth business.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen – you find the intersections between technical operations & company strategy.
- You have excellent analytical, decision making and complex problem-solving skills.
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy is simple but powerful:
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our impact on you:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.