What you will do
As an Accountant at Timescale🐯, you will be working closely with the Accounting and Finance organizations, senior management, and various other departments to help effectuate change throughout the organization. Using your strong US GAAP knowledge base, your desire to help a small team grow, and your drive to take ownership, you will lead important processes such as month, quarter, and year-end closes. 🥳 As an Accountant, you will report to the Controller.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Controller on conducting and improving the month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of established internal control over financial reporting as it relates to the month-end accounting close process and escalating control issues to senior management.
- Performing financial statement analysis and documenting meaningful explanations for fluctuations.
- Evaluating vendors and ultimately leading the company’s upgrading of its ERP system.
- Supporting process improvement projects to increase efficiencies and enhance internal controls over accounting processes and systems.
- Helping to lead Timescale through future audits, as required, and responding to internal and external audit requests, as well as to any ad hoc requests from senior leadership.
- Guiding other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement. Timescale is a fully remote organization; this is a full-time position with a preferred location in North America or South America to ensure we have full coverage for the team.
A little bit about you
You enjoy working cross-functionally on strategic company projects/initiatives and applying critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance. You understand that our stakeholders extend beyond traditional customers and include both finance and non-finance business partners, including senior management, and you gain satisfaction through providing exemplary customer service to all stakeholders. You believe that organizations are best when they’re diverse and inclusive, and you’re committed to ensuring that everything we at Timescale do reflects this belief. 🤩
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Are able to direct and supervise
- Maintain strong Excel skills and confidence handling large volumes of data
- Are an exceptional communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate proven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and willingness to learn
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🌱, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August 😎
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits 📚
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)