Do you have a keen eye for detail and a love for making numbers work? Does it feel like you can balance spreadsheets and reconcile accounts with your eyes closed? Can you manage multiple priorities without missing a beat (or even a comma)? Are you a quick learner who is eager to grow in your career and take on more responsibility, if the answer is yes, Thinkific might be the right place for you!
As an Accountant at Thinkific, you’ll perform daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks with strong attention to detail. Working alongside our Finance team, you’ll work to make sure our company runs smoothly, efficiently, and effectively from a finance perspective as we continue to grow. As you learn more about our processes, you’ll have the opportunity to take on more responsibility—meaning this position will evolve over time!
In this role, you will:
- Process team member and office expenses
- Manage vendor payments
- Process sales and other deposits
- Post journal entries accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist with payroll management and helping to prepare payroll for processing
- Perform various finance and office-related administrative tasks
- Manage Thinkific’s finance email, ensuring all questions and requests are responded to promptly
- Help with the preparation of documentation for our Board of Directors
- Assist with other tasks and projects assigned by the Assistant Controller
- Perform month-end reconciliations
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role (ideally in SaaS/tech)
- Be organized, efficient, and detail-oriented—the little things almost never slip by you and your friends might even call you Donna or Donny Details
- Be a self-starter and fast learner who works well without direct supervision
- Have previous experience working with accounting software such as Xero
- Be open to change and willing to wear different hats—one of our values is to “be helpful” and you don’t hesitate to live that out!
- Be generally tech-savvy and proficient in Excel
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are an excellent written and verbal communicator—you’re just as comfortable writing an articulate email as you are clearly explaining expense processes to a team member
- Keep yourself up to date on accounting best practices and current industry trends
- Are adaptable—you’re willing to help out with anything that comes up, even if it’s a bit outside your usual scope of work
- Approach matters thinking, “it’s not my fault, but it is my problem to solve”—you work to find solutions, ask questions when you need to, and have never come across a challenge you couldn’t overcome
- Have a proven ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and integrity
- Are results-oriented and aren’t satisfied with “good enough”—you don’t give up until you achieve what you set out to do
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked with Receipt Bank or a similar expense tracking software
- Have knowledge of Plooto or a similar bill payment software
- Possess knowledge of Rise or a similar payroll processing software
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!