Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As Accounting and Legal Assistant, you will support the organization’s day-to-day billings, collections, payables, corporate filings administration, and contracting processes. You will also partner with others throughout the organization for process definition, documentation and improvement. Reporting directly to our Head of Financial Systems you will be a critical team member that will drive the transactional and legal processes in a timely manner and ensure the overall accuracy of our records.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure customer invoicing is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process collections and disputes for all AR systems.
- Manage incoming inquiries with internal and external individuals as it relates to billing/invoicing activities and the revenue associated with each.
- Process vendor bills. Confirm they are approved and paid in a timely manner.
- Audit and review all AP/AR transactions including sales orders, invoices, vendor bills, credit memos and refunds.
- Prepare billing reports and balance sheet reconciliations as necessary.
- Assist in the monthly close, including work with accounts receivable, revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts payable.
- Engage in identifying and implementing process improvements throughout the Finance and Legal departments.
- Interpret contractual language and reflect those terms to the necessary systems.
- Aid legal with contract management and administrative corporate matters, for example corporate or litigation filings and deadlines.
- Assist in ad-hoc finance, accounting, and legal related projects as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and legal support experience with some demonstrated experience in a lead role.
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment; SaaS preferred.
- Comfortable with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and communication skills. Proven experience as a strong team player.
- An innovative mindset, willing to challenge the status quo and seek out improvements in process.
- Experience with finance systems such as NetSuite, Recurly, Bill.com, etc., preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables and v-lookups).
- Accounting, Finance, Paralegal or other relevant Business degree a plus.
- Experience with contract management and corporate filings/administration preferred.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.