We are searching for an Accounting Lead!
First, what is CyberGRX?
CyberGRX is at the cutting edge of cybersecurity technology by providing enterprises and their third-party vendors with the most cost-effective and scalable approach to cyber risk management. With 63% of data breaches being linked to a third party, CyberGRX arms organizations with the data and advanced analytics to efficiently manage, monitor and mitigate risk in their partner ecosystems. Built on the market’s first third-party cyber risk Exchange, CyberGRX combines both third-party vendors and enterprise organizations in one easy-to-navigate platform to streamline the risk assessment process.
What does an Accounting Lead do at CyberGRX?
CyberGRX is hiring an Accounting Lead, a key member of our growing accounting & finance team. The individual must have keen attention to detail, while possessing the motivation and drive to operate independently. This will be a hands-on and varied role where the Accounting Lead must be willing to work flexibly on a range of assignments and technical projects to ensure success of the finance team. The candidate will assist with enhancing and improving the accounting, month-end/year-end close, and reporting processes. The candidate must be well rounded and will be required to have strong, senior-level knowledge and experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606, AR/AP, audit, financial statements, taxes. The Accounting Lead will be a business partner to all corporate functions and provide professional accounting and financial support to the organization.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Administration of monthly financial close process, including review of all accounts, documentation of budget to actual variances and preparation of financial reporting for senior leadership
- AP/AR, billing and revenue recognition.
- Support annual audit engagement and tax processes to ensure timely filings
- Work with finance team to ensure reporting requirements are completed timely and accurately
- Ensure adherence to US GAAP rules, policy analysis, and advice for complex arrangements
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties to identify and improve business processes across the organization
- Assist in continuous process and system improvements and implementations, striving for efficiency, compliance, accuracy, and completeness
- Special projects and ad hoc analysis and reporting, as required
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA a plus
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience, Big 4 preferred
- Experience in a VC Backed SaaS startup a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with ASC 606 in a technology/software/SaaS business
- Experience with QBO and a knack for using technology to streamline & automate processes
- Advanced MS Excel or Google sheets skills
- Successful track record in fast paced, high growth environments
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills to articulate key information in a professional, efficient, and timely manner
Why you want to work for CyberGRX:
- We offer a competitive base salary (commensurate with experience) plus incentive compensation.
- We have an incredible benefits package including:
- 100% Company paid medical/dental/vision for employees & generous company contribution for dependent health benefits
- 401(k) program, including employer match up to 3% of your base salary
- $100/month stipend to use for wellness and WFH expenses
- Equity – Acting like an owner is one of our Core Values
- Remote Friendly Work Environment
- Open Time Off policy – Take the time you need when you need it.
- We are doing new and exciting things and have big plans for growth!
Annual Base Salary Range: $85,000 – $100,000
Annual Bonus Potential: 10% of base salary
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you – even if you think you may not have the exact skillset. We believe in cultivating an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
CyberGRX does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
*CyberGRX requires employees working in the office and attending in-person company events to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.