We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States.
What You’ll Do
As our first in-house accounting team member, you’ll be taking on a variety of accounting tasks in service of growing and maturing the accounting processes, policies, and procedures at Shogun.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our external bookkeeping firm, ensuring accurate month-end and year-end close
- Prepare and compile financials and company reports and documents to provide to our tax firm for annual tax filings. Assist in preparing financial reports internally for senior leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax returns
- Provide exceptional and timely customer service to employees, vendors, and customers on day-to-day inquiries.
- Own payroll process – ensure accurate and timely employee and contractor payments, prepare payroll schedules and records.
- Own Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintain required state tax registrations and licenses
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 3+ years in public accounting
- Solid understanding of GAAP and how to apply them in practice
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO)
Nice to have
- Experience working for one of the big four accounting firms
- MSc in Accounting
- Experience with ERP software
- Remote work experience
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.