Pathwire, a Sinch company is in need of an Accounting Manager, to join our team and work in conjunction with our Controller and the rest of the Finance team to complete a variety of accounting and financial functions. This role will be responsible for timely and accurate maintenance and analysis of all General Ledger (GL) accounts.
The position requires strong accounting, analytical, and Excel skills. These skills must be combined with other required key attributes including, the ability to produce accurate and detailed work, a personality that adds to our positive team dynamics, and a mindset that supports our continuous process improvement approach. This role will focus on management and review of the General Ledger, analyzing General Ledger and subledger account details to determine if the balance is properly stated (and adjusting the account if not), while documenting and reviewing the team’s work so that it can be reviewed by the Controller and outside audit firm. The position will interact with members of the accounting team as well as cross-functional operational units.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Ensure proper record-keeping within the ledgers (GL and subsidiary ledgers)
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Analyze financial information and summarize with meaningful schedules that tell a story accurately and concisely
- Understand, manage, and support ongoing improvement of GL accounting processes, including automation efforts
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Analyze and reconcile data from multiple system interfaces and subsidiary ledgers to ensure that the GL remains in balance with these sources of accounting data
- Understand, analyze, and implement technical accounting standards
- Participate in the budgeting process
- Interact with operational and support departments
- Collaborate with Controller and other team members in analyzing GL Account trends
- Reconcile subsystems and merchant activity
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA required
- 7+ years experience including 5+ years experience with the close process
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Accounting Supervisor
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and an in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). IFRS knowledge is a plus
- Strong analytical and documentation abilities, exhibited though the ability to analyze and document GL accounts in a manner that can be understood by others in the Accounting Department and outside auditors
- Experience with inter-company account reconciliations
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUPs, index match, and pivot tables
- Independent worker and team participant
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional work ethic and sense of urgency with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Experience with multi-currency and consolidations
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.