**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
As the Accounting Specialist, you will be part of a multifaceted accounting team and be responsible for Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment, and Customer Payment processing in both an administrative and accounting capacity.
In this role, you will:
- Route Accounts Payable invoices for approval, code invoices, and enter invoices accurately
- Collect new vendor information and maintain the vendor master file
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Prepare and issue 1099s to vendors
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy, address expense reporting issues by corresponding with employees
- Monitor the Accounts Payable helpdesk and resolve issues with internal and external customers/vendors in a professional manner
- Perform month-end duties related to Accounts Payable, such as gathering information for month-end accruals, preparing and posting journal entries, and reconciling General Ledger accounts
- Prepare and assist with VAT reporting requirements
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing, scanning, archiving, mailings, etc.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or general accounting
- Basic understanding of GAAP
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and shift gears on a moment’s notice, while still meeting immovable deadlines
- Solid familiarity with Microsoft suite, particularly Word and Excel Experience using Sage Intacct ERP, and Nexonia Expenses are a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, with good time management skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong desire for continuous improvement
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.