Welcome to the future of energy
We are both an electricity retailer and a tech platform and we think there is no better way to address our greatest challenge, climate change, than with the combination of those two.
Through our proprietary tech platform, Kraken, we are changing the way people interact with their energy company – by making it approachable, low cost, easy-to-understand, and most importantly, 100% renewable. We’ve distinguished ourselves by being named 2020’s Energy Provider of the Year, which highlights our commitment to exceptional customer service. In many markets we are a leading employer on Glassdoor for best places to work.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Accounts Payable Assistant to join our fast paced and growing Finance team, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices while dealing with internal and external customers.
Reporting into our Financial Controller, you will have progression within the team and we will support your growth, progression and qualifications.
What you’ll do
- Maintaining accounts payable, ensure timely payment of invoices, confirming validity of the debt, and gathering appropriate approvals.
- Managing bank and creditor and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support month end reporting, for example updating financial records via accounting software (journal preparation and posting for FC to review)
- Helping prepare relevant tax documentation.
- Gathering payroll expenses and input into appropriate entry line.
- Help with AdHoc general finance admin within the team.
What you’ll need
- A degree in Accounting or Finance
- Basic Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work in a high volume, entrepreneurial environment – speed and accuracy are key!
Why else you’ll love it here
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options including FSAs.
- Unlimited paid time off — we know working hard means also being able to recharge as needed, we trust our employees to get the work done and take the time they need.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Flexible working environment: you need to shift around your schedule? You do you, we genuinely believe in work/life balance.
- Equity Options: every Octopus employee owns part of the business. We’re a team, working together towards huge goals. Every person is crucial to our success, you should be rewarded as such.
- Modern office or co-working spaces depending on location.
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! When on a call with one of our recruiters it’s something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don’t advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn’t apply to Octopus – what’s more important to us is finding the right octofit!
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.