Accounts Payable Assistant
The responsibilities for the job include the following:
- Assist with managing the outsourced accounts payable firm (ensure that invoices received by vendors are appropriately entered into AP and coded correctly in the GL, respond to questions from the outsourcing firm, vendors, and the business)
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data/invoices
- Vendor set-up/management
- Perform month end activities such as AP coding updates, chasing for invoice approvals, completing SOX controls and AP reconciliations, including generating all reports needed.
- Prepare GL entries and maintain supporting records and files
- Manage the accounts payable email inbox, ensuring all items are actioned and general inquiries are responded to daily
- Prepare journal entries as needed on invoices that are identified as inter-company, ensuring the cross charges have been recorded in the correct GL period
- Assist with the yearly preparation of the NEC-1099 forms as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as system implementations, office openings and set-up as it relates to the accounts payable function
- Assist with preparation of audit and review packages for internal/external auditors
- Assist with the training of business owners as it relates to purchase order creation or the processes required for invoice submission, vendor set up, invoice processing and payment disbursement
The skills, experience, and education required for this position include the following:
- Experience with NetSuite/Concur is preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Excel with ideally at least 3 years experience working as part of an accounting team or AP function
- Willingness to “roll-up the sleeves” and get things done
- Great attention to detail, team player and customer service oriented
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal oriented, and someone who can work independently
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.