We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
This role will be based out of Vancouver, BC or from a home office anywhere in the US or Canada.
You’ll be a perfect fit if you are:
A self-starter with an insatiable curiosity for identifying the ideal client experience and the expertise to create strategies that will increase referral rates from clients. We are looking for problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a rapidly evolving working environment. We embrace change; you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Own the strategy for the Refer a Friend (RAF) Program at Bench, exploring incentive options and testing out value propositions that lead to high referral rates
- Increase awareness of the RAF program amongst our existing clients by strategically promoting it at key stages of the client journey at Bench
- Drive referrals from our existing client base and be responsible for lead generation and client generation metrics through marketing campaigns
- Forecast quarterly and monthly estimates for client referrals, acquisition and conversion
- Dig into data to experiment and optimize RAF touch points across the Bench website, in-app and marketing channels to increase referral rates
- Report on key performance metrics on a weekly basis, identify key levers and opportunities for improvements
- Responsible for Bench’s NPS strategy, identify the right stages of the client journey, and expand the themes/topics that we ask clients to provide feedback on
- Work with various internal teams to act on client feedback from NPS surveys and an action plan to solve client pain points
- Own Bench’s reviews program on trustpilot and other sites, ensuring we continue to maintain positive ratings from our client base
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 4+ years experience developing referral, affiliate or loyalty program strategies for SaaS, Tech or B2B companies is ideal. Similar experience in B2C companies will be considered.
- Strong knowledge in referral marketing trends, technologies, and best practices that can take Bench’s program to the next level
- Experience working in referral marketing platforms like Ambassador, Partnerstack or similar platforms
- Understanding of B2B customer journey/lifecycle flows and client marketing touch points
- Proficient with customer segmentation, reporting, and how to use data to drive business decisions
- Experience developing and executing A/B tests, analyzing results and translating data into business and client insights
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Have an iterative mindset, constantly seeking improvements to process, strategy, tools and technologies.
What’s in it for you + the extra details:
- You will get to learn and grow by working with a team of unconventional & diverse leaders, from ex-business owners to consultants, all coming together to achieve the same mission.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $70,000 – $88,000. Stock options will also be a part of the total compensation package.
- You have the opportunity of a lifetime to truly make a difference in the lives of millions of entrepreneurs.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.