Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
This role will work closely with the HR Business Partners (HRBP), serve as a coach and advocate to front-line Managers and employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Coach manager to proactively identify performance opportunities or concerns through systematic tools and clear communication
- Provide management coaching and training where needed to front line managers on topics from performance management and critical conversations to delivering feedback and developing employees and teams
- Play a key role in the development roll out of new initiatives and projects that support manager excellence
- Deliver relevant business solutions, tools, and resources to support and positively shape the Employee Relations experience.
- Ensure data integrity and analysis beyond the data. You help tell a story through the data which allows the team to gain insight and trends to actively engage with our managers and teams.
- Partner with the Learning team to design, facilitate, and scale Manager Training that aligns with the Elastic way
- Drive consistencies in investigations, Performance Plans, Absence Management, Unemployment, and Grievance issues as required
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel as needed to ensure alignment with Elastic approach and state and local laws as required
What You Bring Along:
- 6+ years of progressive HR experience, focused on coaching and developing managers and handling employee related issues
- Capable of building strong relationships and rapport with leadership teams, global HR colleagues, employee representatives and external advisors
- Strong knowledge of applicable local, state and federal US laws, regulations, policies
- Experience in conflict resolution, policy development, negotiation planning & implementation
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and lead multiple activities, projects and priorities across time-zones and geographies.
- Proven experience leading, decision making, documenting, and delivering solid, defensible ER investigation reports
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.