At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Analyst position provides analytics, reporting, and tactical support to internal 2U teams across a variety of departments. This role is quantitative, data-driven, and stakeholder-facing, and provides a key supporting role to drive business outcomes and student outcomes in partnership with other 2U departments. A successful Analyst is a trusted contributor to the cross-departmental leadership teams for academic programs, projects, and departments that they support.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Analysis: Perform a variety of analyses to transform data into useful information. This may require interpreting existing KPIs, contextualizing data with its limitations and business relevance, and synthesizing a variety of data into a coherent narrative. This analytical output forms the foundation of all other components of the role.
- Reporting: Build and maintain customized reports, visualizations, and dashboards to reveal key data and insights across a variety of stakeholders. Accomplishing this work requires an understanding of the underlying data sources, proficiency in the relevant technical tools, as well as an understanding of key business use cases to match the deliverable with the situation.
- Relationship Management. Work effectively in cross-functional teams with stakeholders across a variety of technical and non-technical departments. Nurture relationships to build stakeholder trust in deliverables that you provide as well as to stay informed of key business context that other departments may be able to share.
- Operational Support. Partner with other departments to identify opportunities for operational improvements, define potential solutions, and implement testing plans (where applicable). Use data, reporting, and/or analysis to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of those operational improvements.
- Communication of Results: Effectively communicate analysis, reporting, and recommendations to key stakeholders. This requires communicating complex and/or quantitative information to a variety of audiences, some of whom may not have technical/quantitative backgrounds. Persuasive communication may be especially important when making recommendations for operational improvements.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a concentration in a quantitative or analytical field preferred (e.g. Economics, Math, Information Systems, Political Science). Alternative educational credentials and/or directly relevant experience can be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree on a case-by-case basis.
- 0-2 years of relevant analytical experience in a professional setting
- Demonstrated skill in using data to identify trends, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL preferred.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and communicate complex information
- Ability to manage and prioritize personal workload across multiple workstreams is critical.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Experience in Higher Education is a plus, but not required.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary for this role is ($70,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.