Tackle.io enables enterprise software companies to accelerate the use of Cloud Marketplaces like AWS, Azure and Google. Our vision is to transform the way software is bought and sold with a laser focus on helping customers build and drive significant channels of revenue through the Cloud Marketplaces.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
Analytic Engineers at Tackle will be part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure, and Redhat). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft split and reliable data solutions at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at entry level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
Developer experience at Tackle is rewarding; we work with modern toolchains and pipelines, where code is deployed to production multiple times per day. In this role, you will aggregate and analyze disparate data sources to provide insights into data that will empower our customers to make better decisions and grow their business. Working on a development team at Tackle, expect to grow and evolve as an engineer by building and executing on a detailed growth plan tailored to your interests and aspirations.
In This Role You Will:
- Be part of an autonomous team of 5-7 engineers, a dedicated Product Manager and UX support to build, enhance and maintain existing areas of the Tackle Data Platform.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Generate reporting and analytics to support business processes.
- Own your domain and code from start to finish. Take pride in what you build.
- Consult on the development and implementation of the Tackle Data Platform.
- Mentor less experienced Analytics Engineers and learn from those who are more experienced to set the standard for the next generation of Tacklers.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Be curious – strive to understand how your contributions tie into the larger picture of your team, your product and Tackle as a whole.
- Welcome different perspectives – be open and inclusive in every interaction.
- Limited travel to the company offsite and product development offsite annually.
You Should Have:
- Strong fundamentals in a data related discipline: data warehousing, data modeling, data science, reporting, and/or analytics.
- Knowledge of Extract, Load, and Transform (ELT) methodologies.
- Have worked with relational, document, or graph databases, as well as experience with data lakes and warehouses.
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions.
- Are self motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Have a positive and solution oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
You Will Stand Out:
- Have been a part of a formal data science/analytics team that has scaled and provided value both internally and externally.
- Professional working experience with a cloud data platform (Snowflake, Azure Synapse, Databricks, etc.)
- Have an understanding of cloud computing technologies and related emerging technology (S3, EC2, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Quicksight, etc.)
- Have a proven track record of mining value from data.
- Have a customer first mindset and seek automation.
- Experience in building data pipelines and statistical models in Python.
- Have a love for data (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured) and seek out solutions to make data consumable and meaningful.
Great engineers can do great things, and that is far more important to us than technical specialties or degrees. Do you bring something special to the table that others don’t? Even if you aren’t a perfect match to our job description: apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you! We are always looking for people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives because they make us better, stronger and healthier as a company and a community.
Start with the customer – We succeed when our customers succeed. That’s why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment – We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team – We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness – We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together – We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
· Phone screen
· 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
Benefits of joining the Tackle Team:
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing benefits:
· Work remotely
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Company off-site Summits
· Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
· Internet and Phone Reimbursement
· $1000 Home ergo/office set up
· Generous Vacation Plan
· 401k with match
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company Surprises and Swag
· Awesome Co-workers
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.