ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with data engineering, data science and product to shape data strategy and direction
- Enable data consumers to efficiently answer critical questions and get to accurate insights with trusted and efficient and data sets
- Evaluate, implement, and help maintain critical tools for analysis, including our A/B testing framework and BI tools
- Work with the engineering team to identify and surface key data in a performant way
- Empower teammates with the skills and tools to make data-driven decisions.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have the ability to understand and gather requirements from stakeholders to inform projects
- You can work cross functionally and help execute large scale projects across teams
- You have the ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries.
- You have experience transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables.
- You have experience with data pipelines
- You have experience with evaluating new tools and implementing them
- You have experience monitoring and testing tables to ensure data integrity
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.