Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork is looking for an Anaplan Model Builder to support the organization’s Anaplan instance! You will work closely with our Sales Finance and Sales Operations teams to help support our sales compensation, territory design & management, and sales performance reporting capabilities via Anaplan.
The candidate is responsible for operational support, gathering and developing business requirements and best-practices, report/process development and documentation, investigation of internal/external issues, systems design change impact/risk analysis, providing operational excellence through knowledge-sharing, and acting as a liaison/representative between both the CAO Org and the Sales Org and financial operations. He/She will provide superior communication skills and have the ability to work well as part of a team. The person in this role will need advanced SQL skills and problem-solving abilities.
An expert-level understanding of Anaplan and Oracle ERP / Essbase as well as intermediate knowledge regarding ETL tools are required
- Support Upwork’s Incentive Compensation Management & Territory and Quota Management Anaplan instances
- Design and build all Anaplan models and reporting in support of Upwork’s sales teams
- Work with our Anaplan Partner on future implementation projects to scale our operations
- Maintain all existing models and iterate functionality on an as-needed basis
- Develop unit tests correlating to given requirements for each assigned task.
- Contribute project documentation in order to support maintenance and future development activities
- Support the CAO Org in Month-End Close and the fulling Planning and Analysis lifecycle across Finance and Sales Ops
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You are a Master Anaplanner
- You have experience building Anaplan Models in-house or as a partner
- Intermediate understanding of ETL
- Expert understanding of Finance and Accounting
- Strong understanding of sales commissions and quota setting
- Advanced Knowledge of Database Design concepts
- Ability to translate business requirements into optimized Anaplan models
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.