We’re focusing on: building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment; inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community; and designing simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
At Replit, we give people computing superpowers. Most people use these superpowers for good. A small number use them to attack Replit itself or other community members. If we can prevent or automatically detect most abuse, we can maintain the most open compute platform on the internet and teach millions of people to code. Security is a key competitive advantage for us—this is an opportunity to have meaningful impact to our mission.
- Use data to find and take down phishing, spam, and resource abuse
- Extend existing tools (slurper, netwatch, watchman) to prevent new attacks
- Build new tools as needed to automate detection and takedown of bad actors
- Track number of actions taken and estimate abuse going undetected
Required skills and experience:
- Proven track record of fighting abuse on compute platforms.
- You have applied machine learning to finding bad actors
Tech Stack = BigQuery, Hex, Metabase, Go, Rust
While this role is contract, there is potential for conversion to a full-time opportunity in the future.
Curious about us?
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.