Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
As an AP/AR Specialist, you will support the organization’s day-to-day billings, collections, payables, and general accounting administration processes. You will also partner with others throughout the organization for process definition, documentation and improvement. Reporting directly to our Head of Financial Systems you will be a critical team member that will drive the transactional processes in a timely manner and ensure the overall accuracy of our records.
What You’ll Do
- Support the day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deferred revenue, and monthly close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensure customer invoicing is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process collections and disputes across all AR systems.
- Manage incoming inquiries with internal and external individuals as it relates to billing/invoicing activities and the revenue associated with each.
- Process vendor bills. Confirm they are approved and paid in a timely manner.
- Audit and review all AP/AR transactions including sales orders, invoices, vendor bills, credit memos and refunds.
- Prepare billing reports and balance sheet reconciliations as necessary.
- Assist in month end activities such as bank or credit card reconciliations.
- Engage in identifying and implementing process improvements throughout the Finance department.
- Assist in ad-hoc accounting related projects as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of accounting experience with a focus on AP/AR.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; CPA a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment; SaaS preferred.
- Comfortable with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and communication skills. Proven experience as a strong team player.
- An innovative mindset, willing to challenge the status quo and seek out improvements in process.
- Experience with finance systems such as NetSuite, Recurly, Bill.com, etc., preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables and v-lookups).
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.