*This position has multiple openings and will remain open until all positions are filled.*
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We implement and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure. As a Truss engineer you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking empathetic, curious, and quick-learning engineers to join our team. A position with Truss will allow you to use your rich skill-set to build an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Great communication! Including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset.
- Excitement to experiment with new technologies and best practices.
- Excitement to mentor and teach others how to maintain software projects.
- The ability to think holistically about software delivery and engineering issues.
- Have worked on one or more production-ready systems.
Truss encourages applicants from a wide range of experience to apply, including those with backgrounds in application, UI, backend and/or frontend engineering, as well as generalists. We would like you to have experience in 3-4 of the following:
- Agile delivery practices.
- Human centered design research practices.
- Automation of testing, deployments, or other repeatable tasks.
- One web framework such as React, Vue, Angular, Rails, Django, Flask, Express, etc.
- Modern web technologies such as HTML, CSS.
- Common API design patterns like REST or GraphQL.
- Common databases (MySQL, postgreSQL) and data schema design.
- Converting design wireframes or mockups into working code.
In this position you will:
- Work cross-functionally on project teams to form and drive technical decisions to completion.
- Collaborate closely across practices such as Product and Design to build solutions that keep the end-user in mind.
- Plan complex projects and define smaller pieces of collaborative work for your team.
- Support team dynamics that empowers technical teams to set and advocate for best practices and standards.
- Actively share your knowledge and experiences with teammates through pairing or demos or talks.
- Share experiences and collaborate with other seasoned application engineers to expand the AppEng practice skill set.
- Begin to mentor L1-L3 Application engineers through active pairing and project design.
- Think holistically about engineering issues, using engineering fundamentals.
- Actively write new documentation and continually improve existing documentation.
- Learn to set up a technical project/product for adoption on other teams and projects.
- Collaborate with our clients and partners to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems.
The salary range for this role is $137,000 – $166,500.
You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and other events – we’re experiencing it, too. During video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **