About Trove Recommerce
Trove is a mission-driven company that has been called a “sharing economy powerhouse” by Fortune magazine for its innovative approach to recommerce. We are at the forefront of creating the circular economy by partnering with the world’s leading brands to make it easy for them to buy back and resell their items.
Who we are
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world’s most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world’s most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers, and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We’ve launched resale marketplaces for Patagonia (https://wornwear.patagonia.com), REI (https://rei.com/used), Eileen Fisher (https://www.eileenfisherrenew.com), Arcteryx (https://www.usedgear.arcteryx.com) and Taylor Stitch (https://restitch.taylorstitch.com) with a strong pipeline of brands eager to participate in the circular economy.
About the Assistant General Manager
We are looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager to directly manage departments, and each function’s respective manager, in addition to supporting overall company operations in our unique “one of one” re-commerce programs. The Assistant manager responsibilities include developing strategies and practices to ensure each functional area meets and exceeds the service commitments of our partner brands, the needs of the Trove community, and the commitment of quality, accuracy and timeliness to the purchasing consumer. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic activities across multiple facets of the role, drive adoption and development of best practices, and create an environment of constant learning and improvement.
- Develop, lead and execute function strategies
- Perform/create scenario analysis and benchmarking for the teams
- Drive performance management processes for all functional area staff by and thru subordinate leadership
- Determine quantity, quality and/or tempo required to accomplish functional objectives and more broadly the objectives of the organization
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Build and reinforce a culture of responsible stewardship of company resources
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Ensure all critical facets of operations have the equipment, supplies, and training to complete business critical functions.
- Deliver timely and constructive feedback to your direct reports and more broadly to and about the functions you oversee.
- Provide daily and weekly visibility to the team for deliverable performance metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement in operational efficiency
- Develop standardized and repeatable processes within the functions by and with direct reports
- Collaborate with the general manager and senior leadership to deliver on essential tasks of the role
- Familiarity with team management in a retail or E-commerce environment
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Talent in developing, teaching and coaching staff
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Aptitude in working with data to make sound decisions and recommendations
- Strong leadership capabilities
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.