HubSpot’s Legal Team is looking for a Mobility & Immigration Specialist to help support the company’s global mobility and immigration function by providing remarkable support to HubSpot’s employees, candidates, and other key stakeholders.
Location of Role:
For this role, given the responsibility to act as HubSpot’s Authorising Officer, we are looking for someone who will work one or two days a week from our office in London. For the remainder of the working week, the successful applicant will be able to work either in the office or remotely from anywhere in England/Wales, however they would need to be in a position to travel to the office in London within a short period of time if needed.
HubSpot is not in a position to provide immigration sponsorship for this role, however we encourage applicants of any nationality who hold an independent work authorisation in the UK to apply.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Processing employment permit and visa applications for new hires, current employees, as well as interoffice transfers, globally, with a particular emphasis on the EMEA / APAC regions.
- Managing engagement with government bodies, including the UK Home Office and UK Visas and Immigration, on all matters relating to immigration and compliance with visa sponsorship obligations. This will include acting as HubSpot’s Authorising Officer and key contact with UK Visas and Immigration.
- Advising visa holders, managers, recruiters, HR Business Partners and other company stakeholders on general global mobility and immigration questions.
- Serving as the point of contact for visa holders and assisting them with ongoing questions regarding travel, visa status, sponsorship requirements, implications of job changes, etc.
- Keeping up with the ever-changing global immigration and mobility landscape, working with outside immigration counsel to understand impact, and updating our internal stakeholders, respectively.
- Maintaining accuracy of employee records and reports.
- Managing sponsorship assessments for global candidates during the interview process.
- Running case review check-ins with outside immigration counsel.
- Assisting with interoffice global mobility transfers, expat assignments, and temporary travel.
- Performing project-based work as otherwise needed to support the Employment, Mobility & Immigration team.
We are looking for people who:
- Have, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2+ years relevant mobility and immigration experience at a law firm and/or with an in-house legal team preferred.
- Meet the requirements to be an Authorising Officer for HubSpot’s UK Sponsorship License (suitability check requirements outlined here).
- Exemplify excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Are resourceful, self-driven and feel comfortable independently managing a project.
- Are able to handle a broad range of subject matters and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, and transparent environment.
- Effectively prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Have mastered time management.
- Are reliable, team-oriented, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Show incredible attention to detail.
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.