Code for America believes that the government can work for the people, by the people in the 21st century. We build open source technology and organize a network of people dedicated to making government services simple, effective, and easy to use. Our employees build and transform government services, making them so effective and efficient that they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for both the government and the people the government serves, we are building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America you will contribute to significant work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Come help us drive real generational change that lasts!
Code for America is looking for a talented Associate Client Success Advocate who will support day-to-day applications for benefits and collaborate closely to ensure that clients receive equitable and accessible services.
This position is part of a cross-functional team and part of the role requires giving feedback to the team and advocating for our applicants as the representative of client success.
About the Role:
- Duration: 6 months (10/1/2022 – 03/31/2023)
- Working hours: 40 hrs/wk
- Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday, with flexibility to work some weekends and holidays
- Qualifications: 1-2 years of client support experience in a virtual role and CalFresh program knowledge required
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are happy to extend this transparency during the recruitment process. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. The targets for this role are dependent on the market/geographic location. The targets for this role range from $33.04 per hour to $38.87 per hour.
We’re looking for a client success professional to support California residents day-to-day as they apply and enroll in food assistance. As the primary point of contact for our clients, you will provide immediate and direct assistance to unblock barriers and help each applicant succeed.
This position reports directly to the Client Success Manager.
In this position you will:
- Provide support to clients and help them complete their applications via e-mail, SMS and Live Chat.
- Provide people who aren’t eligible with referrals to other food distribution programs or related public benefits/resources.
- Own problems through to resolution for GetCalFresh.org clients including communication with county partners around a client’s case.
- Identify questions or problems GetCalFresh.org clients have most frequently and report them to our product manager for iteration towards a more successful application.
- Document and maintain our client support systems/processes.
- Thoughtfully work with clients to resolve issues, manage competing demands and navigate sensitive situations.
- Works cross-functionally with other disciplines.
- As the primary point of contact for our clients, you will provide immediate and direct assistance to unblock barriers and help each applicant succeed.
- Demonstrates interpersonal awareness, diplomacy, task management, tenacity, and empathy skills.
- Advocates for clients.
- 1-2 years of experience working directly with clients in a virtual customer support role or equivalent
- CalFresh program knowledge required
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience using Intercom or similar client messaging software
- Fluent written/comprehension/speaking skills in a second language, other than English
What you’ll get:
- Competitive pay: please see details above
- Full benefits package with medical, dental and vision plans
- A collaborative, hard-working, and fun work environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.