Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for an Associate Game Engineer that brings excellent problem solving skills and ability to work across many game systems. Those areas include but are not limited to player mechanics, AI, world systems, user interface, and networking. This person is self-driven individual who can identify and solve problems independently to support, improve, and build game systems. You’ll closely collaborate with art and design to achieve a shared vision and push features to completion.
What You’ll Do
- Work in Unreal Engine and gain deep knowledge on its inner workings and the ecosystem surrounding it.
- Build and improve various game systems that support multiplayer gameplay and networking.
- Think creatively about how to solve problems relating to game architecture and designer needs while keeping in mind performance and memory budgets.
- Implement and build online service integration support for consoles and PC platforms.
- Independently recognize opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow; and seek to make these changes.
- Work in feature teams to conceptualize, prototype and implement features for gameplay and supporting systems.
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming feature dependencies.
- Participate in feature and code reviews; strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
What You Bring:
- BS or BA in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine and desire to continue to learn about it
- Strong C++ knowledge and some knowledge of other languages (C#, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Proficient math skills with emphasis on 3D math (vectors, matrices)
- Experience with Git or Perforce version control
- A mind for detective work — debugging, tracking down, and fixing elusive bugs
- An eye for system design choices to improve player experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to iterate on features
- Avid Gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
- Experience building GUI tools with WPF, WinForms, some other comparable framework.
- Experience implementing multiplayer gameplay highly desired
- Experience with multi-threaded systems
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine and/or the video game industry
- Console development experience